01 May 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 120 (Chicago Is... Still Here)

I just pulled into the Chicago area a little while ago... in fact, I'm parked next to the place I will be delivering to in the morning, a city known as Alsip, within the Chicago area.

[insert dinner length hiatus here]

I took a break from this post to grab a bite to eat, as my friend, Chris< had shown up on his motorcycle. We walked up the street about a block to one restaurant which, as it turned out, closed at 1500 (it was 1505 when we walked up), then north about a 1/2 block to a Mexican restaurant. There, Chris and I caught up on some old times and got each other up to speed on what we had been doing the last 15-20 years.

It's hard to believe it's been that long, but time sure does fly. He's on his way back home, about 31 miles north of here. Hopefully we'll get together again soon. We are both hoping it will be somewhere between June 1-3, since there will be another mutual friend in the area then... let's just see if the fickle finger of fate happens to point that way for us.


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: