07 May 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 126 (Still Maryland Bound)

As I write this, I'm sitting in Greenfield, IN, a small town just east of Indianapolis, having just stopped to get some fuel, some buffalo wings, and get this blog posted. A very nice day (about mid 60's) to be wandering about, but, alas, there is still work to be done. Once I get moving again (which will be very shortly), my plans will be to probably shut down in eastern Ohio for the night, which will give me less than 350 miles to finish tomorrow.
From the west it appears as if there will be more rain on the way, the skies in that direction looming about as a cat studiously lurking in a bush, waiting for the perfect moment to pounce upon the seemingly unsuspecting bluejay, as it searches the ground for worms.

The day has been quite peaceful, as most Sabbaths are for us of the Jewish faith. As many Christian friends and acquaintances are beginning to discover, our walk is a very difficult spiritual journey - one that is neither "cool" nor "trendy" - that must not only embrace our roots & history, but also must persevere in our faith of the one true living (and loving) G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Throughout scripture, it can be seen that He has many names: Adonai, Elohim, I Am... and a numerous many others (allah NOT being one - but I will save that diatribe for another time). Though, as you may (or may not) have noticed, "God" is NOT a name, but His title - hence, as one of His commandments: "you shall have no other gods before me."

I could elaborate further, bit I wanted to throw just enough out there to whet the appetite of any whose curiosity just may lead them to either search it out for themselves, or (possibly) begin a correspondence with me (which I do welcome, by the way).

So... (and to quote a line from the movie My Big, Fat Greek Wedding) there you go!


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: