26 August 2012

Year 2, Day 237 (A Lazy Day)

Today has been just what the title implies... and much welcomed. I've spend much of the day engaged in Torah study... because I can. Perked up some coffee and occasionally watched out the truck window as the rain fell earlier. Shortly I will enjoy some of the cobbed corn that I cooked up in the crockpot.

I had somebody recently suggest that I boil it. I've had it that way when I was younger, but doing so takes away some of the flavor. Since I don't have a grill, the crockpot seems to be a pretty good alternative. I also have some leftover Caribbean Wings, so I'll finish those up along with the corn (which will be slathered in butter - or at least what is being passed off as butter - and some salt & pepper). It may not be a gourmet (or even elegant) meal, but it works. And since the corn was free, that makes it better still.

That and coffee.

No comments: