12 August 2012

Year 2, Day 223 (It's Nice To Catch Up With Old Friends)

Yesterday was mainly spent immersed in Torah, which, in this line of work, is always nice when I just just shut down and have the Torah as my only focus for the day. Once the sun had set, just on the spur of the moment, I decided to call a friend, whom I hadn't spoken to in some time. Mike and I had served together in the Marine Corps, and because of the things we had done together during that time, is one I can truly refer to as a friend. After 4 years in the Corps, he ended up going into the Army (why a Marine would do that, is beyond me). He apparently enjoys it, as he has served his country for over 20 years now. He and his wife live in the Nashville area, and though I've passed through there on several occasions, I have yet to get together with him, either because, a) I was limited on time, or, b) he was unavailable.

Mike was a good kid back when we served together, and has become a respected man, Father, and husband. I asked his when he would ever retire from the Army. He said he wasn't entirely sure, since he was "still having fun." He was always gung-ho like that. Once a Marine, always a Marine... even in the Army!

Semper Fi, brother!

No comments: