05 August 2012

Year 2, Day 216 (A Good Start To The Day)

This is my last day at home before I head back out on the road. I was up this morning at 0630 for the express purpose of getting a ride in for two reasons: a) the weather was a bit cooler, thus more tolerable, and, b) there would be less traffic to deal with. Since I'm still trying to get back into the whole cycling thinig, my trip was 6 1/2 miles, but there were a lot of hills. It may not show on this map of the route I took, but it was causing my thighs to do some screaming at me.

Since I'm no longer training, I've decided to take the bike on the truck with me, this way I'll be able to get the exercise that my line of work is lacking in. I plan on getting my various routes, as well as some pictures, post periodically over the next few weeks.

Now it's time for some coffee.

No comments: