08 August 2012

Year 2, Day 219 (What Shall I Do Today... I Think Drive)

I completed this trip by arriving in Hanover Park, IL (a suburb just west of Chicago) at just after 2300. My day started (actually continued) from Matthews, MO yesterday at around 1400, since I didn't leave North Little Rock until, well... late. Along the way, I made a stop in Effingham, IL mainly for the purpose of visiting the local Starbucks, but also popping in to Panda Express (which also served as this morning's breakfast). This load, though, had me up at 0330, for a 0400 appointment (i quite sure I've mentioned it before, but I loathe early morning deliveries). After this delivery, and the subsequent completion of the mandated 10 hour break, I headed into Chicago to pick up a candy load.

I had very much hoped for a load that would put me in position to load out of Tulsa, OK on Friday, going to Woodinville, WA/Burnaby, BC. Now that I'm no longer training, I have my bike with me, and I am very anxious and eager to hit the bike trail there in Woodinville. Instead, I'm picking up a load of produce in Wisconsin going to Forest Park, GA (just outside of Atlanta) for Friday. Obviously nowhere near where I would hope to be, but that's the nature of the beast... and I certainly don't plan to go cycling in that area - it's flippin' humid down that way!

At least my Starbucks will help ease the sting of rejection... temporarily.

No comments: