24 August 2012

Year 2, Day 235 (An Interesting Day, So To Speak)

The day - and its excitement - actually began last night. When I arrived at the customer, I tried (operative word: tried) to maneuver around their lot to set up for a parking spot. Several factors should be considered at this point: the property was not on level ground (in fact, there were several inclines that all converged at one point, which would have been the ideal place to put a storm drain), and the employee parking was assigned in the most inconvenient place... between the building and where their own delivery trucks were parked. As I swung around on this multi-angled lot, (to make a long story short) my trailer (being positioned on one of the inclines) popped the catwalk off the frame of the truck (which was positioned on a different incline). Then this morning, the customer rejected 7 pallets of bell peppers because they were bad.

After a few hours, I've been sent to White Pine, TN (about 30 miles east of Knoxville) to get them unloaded at a different facility. Once I'm done here I'll be able to head to Shelbyville, TN to pick up my next load. We have a drop trailer there, but having been to that facility several times, the load won't be ready until just before midnight.

With the Sabbath approaching, I am really looking forward to this one... I think I really need a rest. Perhaps next week will be MUCH better.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: