16 August 2012

Year 2, Day 227 (Another Week I Won't Be Heading West)

Yesterday proved to be more of a productive - and less exhausting - day. After arriving to the customer in Owingsville, KY (about 30-45 minutes east of Lexington) at around 1430 (ET), and thus being quickly unloaded, I made my way to Mt. Sterling, KY, which was only 8 miles away. Before leaving Owingsville, I called the customer in Mt. Sterling to get some accurate directions (just by looking at the directions that were put in the system, I could tell they were wrong: I-65 does NOT go anywhere near Mt. Sterling), only to find out that the CSR had another driver pick the load up for me (since it was unsure if I would get there before the customer closed for the day), yet I found out initially from the customer, not from the CSR. I met with the other driver, swapped trailers, and I am now on my way to Mason City, IA for tomorrow. I'm bummed because I'm anxious to take my bike on the trail in Woodinville, WA, but in order to do that, I need to get to Woodinville... and those loads only come out of Tulsa, OK on Fridays.

As of yesterday, my wife, Tikvah, and I have caused each to be jealous of the other, in a good way: she is spending a couple weeks in California, and I had some lamb for dinner the other night (and I still have plenty of leftovers). Today, I started the day from the rest area of which I parked last night, somewhere between Champaign and Bloomington, IL. The day is already starting out wet.

I need coffee!

No comments: