10 August 2012

Year 2, Day 221 (I Want Away From The East)

I made my delivery this morning in Forest Park, GA then made my way to Unadilla, GA, a little more than 100 miles away. This run will take me up to Harrisburg, PA for Sunday night. There are several things I don't like about the east. For one thing (and this holds especially true in many of the "southern" states) the people are quite rude and inconsiderate. Another thing is that there are more congested areas as you go east. Sure, there is congestion in places like L.A. or Seattle, but at least you know where it begins, ends, and when you won't have any traffic for miles. Whereas is the east, it seems as though it's one big traffic congestion, with a periodic break every now and then. Denver is rarely as bad as Atlanta... even with construction zones.

The way this load is set up, I'm not due for delivery until 2100 (ET) on Sunday, so I may do some driving once I get loaded, then shut down for the Sabbath and finish up on Sunday.

Speaking of the Sabbath, may yours (if you keep the Sabbath) be full of abundant peace and joy!

Shabbat Shalom!!

No comments: