11 March 2012

Year 2, Year 71 (A Few More Days, Then Home)

We covered a lot of ground the past couple of days, of course it helps when customers are efficient during the loading process. Take for example this past Tuesday: we loaded in Tulsa, OK. Our loading appointment was for 1330 (CT), but the customer didn't even start on us until 1530 and we didn't leave until a little after 1730. When we loaded this past Friday in Guilderland Center, NY, (which was an open appointment: 0800-1600 ET) we were loaded and leaving within an hour. I've always seen it as if you can't keep your own loading schedule, then why bother even making a schedule.

Last night I had Larry take us to our terminal in Madison, IL (just outside St. Louis, MO) where we called it a night (which is rather redundant... it was dark out, therefore it IS night). We ate the chili I had made, then I washed up my dishes and went to bed. I woke up this morning, took a shower, and made a run, with Larry and 2 other drivers in this company, to Starbucks (I really should be getting some sort of bonus from Starbucks for all the suggestive sales I make for them).

Carpe Java!!!

No comments: