27 March 2012

Year 2, Day 87 (This Will Be A Short Day)

Not only did I unload and re-load at the same facility yesterday, but the customer did so consecutively... which was a nice little bonus. After getting the trailer loaded, and stopping for some ice (for my half & half tea), I was underway around 1630. I made a stop in Knoxville along the way (yeah, to get my Starbucks fix) and made it all the way to Lexington, VA, which is about 45 miles north of Roanoke. Having covered that ground, I have less than 200 miles to cover today, for a 1030 (ET) appointment tomorrow. Though when I arrived here, it was 0240 (ET), so I was ready for some sleep.

I'm going to call Monica (my Fleet Manager) a little later and pester her about a pre-plan for tomorrow. I prefer getting pre-planned because it helps me to plan ahead, and allow for whatever breaks I feel necessary.

I deliver in the morning in Greencastle, PA, which is just 3 miles north of the Maryland state line, on I-81... roughly about an hour south of Harrisburg (the Pennsylvania State Capital). There are many nice areas in Pennsylvania, one of my favorites being Hershey (I wonder why).

No comments: