13 March 2012

Year 2, Day 73 (In Limbo)

Last night, Larry and I shut down in Olive Branch, MS, which is just outside of Memphis. Looking at our hours, there was no way that will will be making our delivery today, since we both have less than 5 hours left... and there's still nearly 400 miles to cover. I updated our ETA for Wednesday, which of course, poses a new problem: if we are delivering in the Atlanta, GA area on Wednesday, how will Larry get to Little Rock to take his final evaluation (and I to get home)... on Wednesday? This morning I began a conversation (via the Qualcomm) with my Fleet Manager, Monica, on this issue. As it stands right now, we are waiting here at the Flying J in Olive Branch, hoping everything works out, and we do a swap with another driver who will take this load on to Suwanee, GA, and will get us heading back towards Little Rock.

It's been a long 4 1/2 weeks, so I am ready to get home. I did, however, have a nice breakfast this morning: (instant) oatmeal... Strawberries & Cream (with extra cream), and a glass of milk.

But no coffee yet.

No comments: