28 March 2012

Year 2, Day 87 (I Hope I Didn't Choose A Bad Day To Give Up Smoking)

I made my delivery on time this morning. Unfortunately the CSR that gave me my pre-plan yesterday must not know how to tell time, since this delivery was scheduled for 1030, and the pre-planned picked up - about an hour away - at 0945. I haven't had a cigarette since about 1900 last night, so forgive me if I seem a little testy. However, since not having a cigarette in over 12 hours, I've come to realize just how idiotic people drive on the interstates. A word of wisdom to the drivers in Virginia and West Virginia: you are NOT charged a usage fee on turn signals, so please use them when merging on the highway or changing lanes... remember, they're free to use (yes, that includes my "fellow" truck drivers as well).

Once I deliver this in the morning (in Groveport, OH), I will then head to Wellston, OH for my next load which will be heading to Harrisonville, MO for Saturday evening. My next few days may not be hectic, but at least I'll be occupied (not to be confused with Wall Street, nor any other major "protest", for that matter).

I would really like a cigarette right now!

No comments: