23 June 2011

Day 172 (Back To Work For Another Few Weeks)

These last few days have been nice and peaceful, but now it's time to get back out on the road and start paying the bills. I left out today just before lunch, have to take the empty trailer I had back to our terminal in North Little Rock, AR, to get some work done on it, as well as a few minor things on my truck. As it turned out, I left the trailer and hooked up to another one to take to Dexter, MO, to pick up my load. The load there is only going to Rogers, AR (about 310 miles west), but at least it's a start.

When I arrived at Dexter, my load was already pre-loaded on one of our drop trailers. The problem is, the bills won't be ready until 0230. Since my day started just before noon, I'll be out of hours by then. The good news is I had Starbucks when I was in Little Rock.

These past days, while I was at home, were nice and quiet... very relaxing. As I mentioned this Sunday past, my wife, Tikvah, gave me a framed picture of The Rat Pack - at least most of them, as Peter Lawford was cut from the print. Although, when I mentioned said picture on Sunday, I realized I failed to include a photograph of the picture... so here it is:




As you can see, it's NOT some small desk top sized snapshot, it's fairly sizable. The type of picture that no entertainment room (or "man cave" if you so prefer) should go without - ever!

- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: