10 June 2011

Day 160 (I Made It A Short Day)

Joseph and I made it to the Tyson plant in Chicago at around noon, and (luckily) they made short order of the unloading process. That was a good thing, as we had to be at our pick up by 1430 to get our next load. We got to Monee, IL (just south of Chicago, off of I-57) at about 1400, and they made short order of the loading process there. Once we got loaded, we started heading south. At first, I was only going to stop in Effingham, IL long enough to make a run to Starbucks, but when I thought about it (and realizing that it would be more difficult to get a parking spot later tonight), I decided we will just shut down there for the night.

There is only about a 4-5 hour drive left for us, so we (actually Joseph, since he is in training) will finish the run tomorrow and be able to get another 34 hour restart on our logbooks by the time we get unloaded on Monday. More than likely, he will get released from me next Friday and get his own truck. He's coming along pretty good with his backing skills, and I'm pretty sure we can hone them up even more this next week.

It has rained a couple times this evening. It even rained where we shut down at last night (early this morning) in Wilmington, IL (a small town off I-55, just south of Joliet). It was also cool enough for us to sleep without the APU running last night. The good thing about being here in Effingham tonight, is I will be able to get a grandé triple Marble Mocha Machiatto (or triple Tuxedo Mocha, if that's how you prefer to call it) before we get under way tomorrow.

Until tomorrow's post, may you have a blessed Shabbat!


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: