02 June 2011

Day 152 (A Long Day, A Lot Of Miles)

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, today would be a long day... and it was. I started out a little after 0800 and I've covered a little over 630 miles in a time of 10 hours, 39 minutes, averaging about 60 miles an hour; not bad, considering the hills I had to venture over in Virginia and Tennessee.

Right now I'm 68 miles from the Tennessee/Arkansas state lines, then another 130 miles more to my destination. The only stop I made is to get fuel and my usual grandé triple Marble Mocha Machiatto from Starbucks (definitely not in that order). Today has been a hot one, very humid. It seems that this year Winter left early and unimpressive, and Spring left whimpering after Summer arrived early, and if I may say, unwelcome. I'm hoping that Summer will be just a big-talking blow-hard much the way this Winter past was.

It's been a taxing day, time for me to grab something to eat and call it a night (after all, that's what it is).


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: