19 June 2011

Day 169 (Happy Father's Day)

Today was Father's Day, and first of all I would like to apologize to all of you for slacking today. Lately I have been trying to become more organized and disciplined with this Road Scholar series, by getting my post up by 1630 each day. As you can see, it's well past that. I guess I tend to put things like this off when I'm home.

This has been a nice day, very peaceful and relaxing. After service this morning, Tikvah and I, along with our youngest son, Nathan, and my in-laws had lunch at a local Mexican restaurant (which put a little spark of inspiration in me, so I made some Pico De Gallo when we got home). My Father's Day gift from Tikvah was absolutely awesome: a large framed picture of The Rat Pack (for those of you who may be unfamiliar with this gathering of legends, The Rat Pack was Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr., Dean Martin, and Peter Lawford - though my picture doesn't have Lawford in the shot). She wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but I told her, "if I had a framed movie poster of The Godfather, both would be on the main wall - next to each other - in the den." I'm sure she got the idea that I really like The Rat Pack.

I hope all the fathers out there have had a wonderful day with their families, and I hope they all were honored by the same.

No comments: