28 January 2012

Year 2, Day 28 (Getting Loaded Tomorrow)

Last night my employer got a motel room for Lou and I, since my truck was in the shop and would be sent to Freightliner for some warranty work. When we returned to the terminal this morning, I checked in at the shop on the status of the truck. The shop foreman said that Freightliner was predicting the truck wouldn't be ready until 2000 tomorrow, which would not be helpful for the load we have to pick up in Pine Bluff, AR going to Kansas City, MO.

Fortunately, I went down there earlier to pull my laundry out and discovered that the truck was ready to go. This has definitely been a blessing from HaShem!

I may head over to Starbucks a little later for my signature coffee drink (I am kinda jonesin' for it). Then again, I may have to cut back on it a little, since my wife, Tikvah, and I are planning to move out to California in 2 years. I'm hoping during that time that my company gets a solid travel lane out there, so I don't have to leave. This company I drive for is a GREAT employer... I'm treated well, and I get some pretty good runs. In the meantime, I'll just have to wait and see what the next two years will bring.

No comments: