27 December 2011

Day 360 (Chanukah, Day 8 - The Last Night)

This is the final night of Chanukah. I am working on our dinner: roasted lamb, latkes, and, of course, Challah bread. Today has been fairly productive. My youngest son, Nathan, and I got a haircut, I picked up coffee and lunch for myself and my wife, Tikvah, and Nathan and I went to Arby's to get his check, as well as deposit it in the bank. The weather has been rather unusual. Not only has there not been any snow, but the temperatures have been that for t-shirts and shorts. Weather like this depresses me. In December I expect to be, at the very least, a little bundled up. In fact, the weather is warm enough where I may start off the lamb roast on the grill. Regardless of the weather, at least I have my beautiful wife's company!


Since tonight is the final candle lighting for Chanukah, I'll post one more video to celebrate the miracle known as the Festival Of Lights. This one by Matthew Paul Miller, a.k.a. Matisyahu. Again, I hope you (if you are one of us that celebrate this Festival) have had a joyous and festive Chanukah!


No comments: