05 December 2011

Day 338 (New Student, Another Adventure)

I left out this morning at about 1030 and made my way to Searcy, AR (about 40 miles north of Little Rock) for my delivery. After yesterday, I was beginning to think Arkansas has become a rainforest state with all the rain (it even continued quite a bit today, as well). With a cup of home brewed coffee in hand, I was ready to face the day. After I'm done unloading here, I'll head to our terminal in North Little Rock to meet up with my next student, Randy. I also plan on taking care of my laundry. From what I gather so far, Randy is a retired police officer from the West Memphis, AR area. With that in mind, he's probably in his early 50's... but I'll give you more details about him later.

Our first load together will pick up in Pine Bluff, AR and take us to Olathe, KS. I'll be going on vacation at the end of the month, so - as I understand it - Randy, too, will be on a vacation, of sorts. He will be on my truck for two weeks, then at home while I'm on vacation, then we will re-join up in January and finish his training... and depending on how he does these next two weeks will determine whether he needs just one more week, or two. Being as I have never had a student more than 3 1/2 weeks (one was 4 weeks, but that was beyond either of our control), I don't foresee a problem (I can be a bit of a taskmaster when I need to be).

It was difficult to leave home (as it usually is), but the time I spent there was nothing short of very enjoyable. By the way, the Pico de Gallo I made last night... yeah, I brought it with me:

No comments: