17 December 2011

Day 350 (A Full Day In "Lively" Oak Grove, KY)

Today was spent mainly in my truck, parked at the Flying J Travel Plaza in Oak Grove, KY, just walking distance from the Ft. Campbell Army base (which has the only Starbucks - which I cannot go to because it's on a military base). This has been a wonderful - and peaceful - Sabbath day. I have been in the truck most of the day doing my Torah study for the week, though I have been able to keep up with the daily reading throughout the week. As I mentioned yesterday, to shut down and completely rest for the Sabbath is a luxury I'm not often afforded being a truck driver, so I take full advantage of it whenever possible.

I was thinking of leaving out tomorrow to head to Chattanooga, TN, but since I'm not expected for delivery until 1300 on Monday, I may just leave out that morning (I'm only 200 miles from the customer), deliver that afternoon, then head to Calhoun, GA to load on Tuesday morning. The only setback about being here (apart from not being able to gain access to the Starbucks) is the incessant fluctuation of cell signal between 3G and Edge networks. But there really is no absolute need to be on the internet... so for now, I'll overlook that minor flaw.

On another note, a few days ago I opined on the blog about whether I would continue my daily offerings on this blog. I haven't had much feedback on the subject (to be quite honest, I've had none), but I have decided to go another year. The reason being, I've rather become accustomed to posting on a daily basis. If I were to just "pull the plug", as it were, I would probably not know what to do with the gap... or my thoughts, for that matter. I may not have very many people whom I can count among my readership, but I do enjoy posting every day, actually. I may not garner the type of following that I see of other acquaintances/fellow bloggers, but I guess I'm content with that... for now. In the mean time I'll just continue to post my thoughts/ramblings/rants and see just what - if anything - comes out of it.

Now it's time for some more coffee.

No comments: