22 December 2011

Day 355 (Another Load Done; Chanukah, Day 3)

Last night I picked up the load from the Tyson plant in Nashville, AR, then I shut down and began my 10 hour break. Said break expired at around 1030 this morning, so having done my pre-trip - and coffee in hand - I started a long day to Union City, TN. Making a fuel stop in Benton, AR, as well as the required load checks (first one within 50 miles of loading, then every 150 miles after that), I arrived in Union City at 1830. This afternoon I was pre-planned on my next load. Fortunately, I will be re-loading here in Union City heading to Russellville, AR. As with yesterday, I'll head out in the morning. It's supposed to be due at 1500, but we'll have to wait and see how the unloading process goes first before I predict my time of arrival in Russellville. The computer program utilized by my employer has already predicted that the delivery may be late, due to my hours.

Today is the 3rd night of Chanukah. I wanted to post another video link, but seeing as Union City is still only on the Edge network (and I'm already past my deadline) I just don't have the patience to wait for a video to load so I can watch it. So forgive my lack of content vis a vis video links to commemorate this joyous holiday, both from yesterday and today. I'll try to make it up to you tomorrow.

Have a joy-filled and Happy Chanukah!!

1 comment:

The man I hope to be............ said...

Happy Chanukah to you and your family.