10 April 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 99 (Bedford Is Still Here)

I didn't make it to Jane Lew, WV as I hoped last night, it turns out I underestimated the distance, so I shut down in Nitro, WV instead... about 15 miles west of Charleston. I was able to squeeze into a parking spot and go to bed, then get up this morning and get a shower and top off the fuel.

I arrived at the Walmart Distribution Center here in Bedford 1 1/2 hours before my appointment time, where I am sitting right now waiting for them to put me in a door. The weather is mild (in the low 70's) and the sun is finishing off it last couple hours of work. At this point I'm not sure where I will be going next, I may have to wait until tomorrow, in which case - and more than likely - I may get dispatched on a broker load, since we don't have very many customers established out here yet. Either way, I hope it's a good run (Wisconsin or Minnesota would make for an adequate run).

This afternoon my youngest son did his final performance of Camelot for his school, unfortunately I am here.

Thus is the life of a truck driver.


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: