02 April 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 92 (Another Beautiful Sabbath)

It's nice to have an office with a view... at least, my version of it. I'm still here, just west of Knoxville. Since the delivery appointment was changed to Monday, Alan and I are parked (in a good spot, I might add) at a truck stop getting a 34 hour restart on our logbooks, actually there are three truck stop here: Petro (where we are), across the street is a T/A, and across the interstate there is a Flying J. There's also a moderate variety of food to choose from: Popeye's, Pizza Hut, and Burger King (all at T/A); Iron Skillet (Petro); Denny's (Flying J); and, of course, all three have the usual "grab-and-go" selections you would usually expect at any gas station/convenience store (hot dogs, etc.).

But I've taking advantage of this downtime to get into my study of the Torah (after all, it IS the Sabbath). No matter what the weather may be, whether it's nice out (as it is today), snowing, or even if I'm in the middle of the California or Arizona desert, I'm always amazed by the beauty of my G-d's creation.







I'm very grateful for days like this, where I take advantage of the time at hand, as opposed to taking it for granted, which is something we all find ourselves doing daily. In our hectic & busy daily lives, we should - at the very least - clear our schedules for at least 1/2 a day, just to slow down and catch our breath.

I dare you to try it: 1/2 a day with nothing to do, completely unplugging from work related tasks.

Then talk about how it felt.

I dare you!

- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: