31 March 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 90 (90 Days? Really?!)

It's hard to believe I've been doing this series for 90 straight days (so far). By the end of this year, I'll probably say the same thing then (except 365 will replace 90).

Alan and I stopped at the yard in Madison, IL, which is right next to East St. Louis, IL (and I'm sure I don't need to say that's right across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, MO... but I just did!) and took take of a few things: shower, laundry, shopping, and, of course... Starbucks (my first stop in a week). The good thing is, we don't have to go through St. Louis tonight, since today is the season opener for The Cardinals.

Presently we are continuing our trip to Lenoir City, TN. I was hoping we would be getting Alan back to Little Rock tomorrow so he could get his own truck, but that may not happen until next week. He's a little bummed, as am I, but in this line of work, you have to learn to adapt, as things change quickly. For example, I once had a load with 3 stops: Los Lunas, NM, Casa Grande, AZ, and Riverside, CA - ALL Walmart Distribution Centers. Well, the Riverside drop cancelled part of the order... while it was en route! It's one thing if it hadn't shipped yet, but I was making the Arizona drop when they cancelled the order for 4 pallets of product. In my opinion, that is too much power they have been given... but what do I know, I'm just a measly consumer.

What are your thoughts?

Am I overreacting?

Am I off base?

Should I NEVER go more than 4 days without Starbucks?



- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: