01 March 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 60 (The Clock Is Ticking)

Yesterday I swapped off my Indiana 3 stop load for one that I unloaded at zero dark-thirty this morning. I am now sitting in the dock getting loaded in Green Forest. AR, which is... well... in the sticks (at least it seems so). It's about 60 miles east of where I unloaded in Lowell (where the trucking company J. B. Hunt is headquartered), which itself is between Fayetteville and Bentonville (home of Walmart - to which I say, "la-di-bloody-da").

This load is heading to Chicago (and if you need me to add which state that's in, perhaps you need to go back to school) for Thursday, which I will swap this load off as well - remember, I'm going to the dentist on Friday (yay?). I haven't been taking very many calls today, not because my tooth is bothering me, but because I realized (when I was loading in Rogers, AR) that, in the midst of moving my stuff from my last truck to this one, I left my headset charger in that truck. Needless to say, I'm only talking on the phone when I am parked.

So I will sign off for now, my load is done, and I'd like to cover some ground tonight.

Toodles!!


- Another rant via BlogPress

1 comment:

Carla said...

Green Forest?! I feel your pain...