13 March 2011

The Road Scholar - Day 72 (Not Bad At All, Grasshopper)

Left this morning from Rogers, AR, made it all the way to Indianapolis, IN without a hitch. I got us through St. Louis into Illinois and stopped at the first rest area on the eastbound side of I-70, where Alan "got his feet wet" for a while. He drove all the way to the rest area just before Indy. 195 mile stretch and he did pretty good, considering that's the longest leg he's driven in a big truck, in one sitting. There's still 3 weeks with me he has to complete, but I think his progress will come along quite well.

I like what he said earlier when he told me he wants to make this training period "as boring for me as possible." Now that's a positive outlook (meaning he wants to do well... VERY well).

We kick this stuff off tomorrow morning, but no idea just yet where we'll be off to next. After all (in the words of Scarlett O'Hara) tomorrow is another day.


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: