30 September 2012

Year 2, Day 261 (A Refresh And Re-Start)

I arrived in Delavan, WI late last night, and by the time I get the trailer unloaded, then re-loaded, I will have a re-start on my logbook. I had planned on going out cycling tomorrow, but those plans are shot. I tried to do some minor maintenance on the brakes, only to end up breaking them. This frustrates me, plus (while scanning the different posts on Facebook) to see just how ignorant people really are concerning this upcoming election. I don't care if you are a Democrat or Republican - this next comment is an equal opportunity offender: stop defending your candidate! When is the last time you looked past the party affiliation and made a decision based on who is actually the best for the country?

To be honest, I hoped Obama would have made a positive difference, but he hasn't. Yet, people still swoon over him like Clark Gable. Are we better off now than we were 4 years ago? I think Kinky Friedman said it best several years ago when he ran for office in Texas (and I will paraphrase): There should be term limits of 1 election. If you can't do what you said you would in four years, then you need to go and perhaps the next guy will.

Then again, as I said a few dats ago, we are being played for fools; by the politicians, by the media, and by the activists & lobbyists. It's all a money game. Follow the money, you find the root of corruption.

Are you ready to go down that hole, Alice?

No comments: