06 September 2012

Year 2, Day 237 (Heading Up To Canada, Eh?)

I finished the trip to Russellville, AR yesterday afternoon, with an interesting trip through a winding and (kinda) steep route.

The route is AR 7, from Harrison to Russellville... a state road that takes you through Jasper, which may well have been the setting for the movie Deliverance. I was fortunate to arrive at the customer and be able to drop & hook. What was unfortunate was that the trailer had some recent damage to it. I made sure I reported it and emailed some photos to the night dispatch crew, a.k.a., covering my tucas. Being as I was able to drop & hook in Russellville meant that I could head to the customer of the load I had been pre-planned on, in Tulsa. Sadly, it's not going up to Woodinville, WA/Burnaby, BC (that load picks up tomorrow), but I am heading to Canada. This load will have me going up to Edmonton, AB for Monday morning. I've never been to Alberta, so this can only mean one thing: another coffee mug for my collection (won't my wife be pleased... and that was intended with all possible sarcasm).

I'm going to try to come up with a few stories to blog about, then schedule them to auto-post, since I won't have access to my phone while I'm up there (and that could be a few days).

Let's see how that works out.

No comments: