08 September 2012

Year 2, Day 239 (This Is My Kind Of Weather)

When I arrived in Tulsa on Wednesday, just before midnight, it was in the upper 70's/lower 80's; but when I shut down in Colby, KS early yesterday morning, it was in the mid-60's. The temperatures became gradually cooler from there, being in the low 50's in Sheridan, WY, where I parked early this morning. It's plain to see I had been able to make some progress yesterday, but was slightly delayed from the afternoon traffic in the Denver area. I'm running a bit tight on time, but I think I'll still be able to make my delivery on time Monday morning.

I've never been up to Edmonton, AB before, but after speaking with a driver that had, chances are my next load will come out of Alberta and deliver later next week in Denver. Either way, I will have to squeeze in a 34 hour re-start sometime soon.

This, so far, has been a lovely Sabbath, even though I am having to work. When I was in Minnesota earlier in the week, I had purchased one of the Banana Walnut breads from the store that stocks Amish goods, and have been snacking on it periodically.

It's pretty good, and it washes down well with milk.

Oh yeah... I also had Starbucks.

No comments: