10 September 2012

Year 2, Day 241 (One Month Until 20)

On this day next month, my wife, Tikvah, and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage. In this day and age, that is a big accomplishment, considering there are many marriages that don't survive 20 months. We've had a lot of ups and downs, as many relationships do, but the most important thing that we've had that had given us a strong bond is by putting G-d in the center of our marriage. It was He that brought us together. It was He that has prevented us from a divorce we were facing many years ago. It was He that has strengthened our love, companionship, and respect for one another.

I have already planned a little romantic getaway for that weekend, of which I will be home the day before our anniversary. We will stay at a quaint little place in Eureka Springs, AR, though I have a few surprises lined up for her that she doesn't know about yet. We really haven't had a little getaway in quite some time, so I'm looking forward to this... as is she.

Just last week we were talking about the upcoming milestone. I asked her how she has put up with me for so long. Naturally she replied that I'm not that difficult to live with, and she, at times, can have her moments (though I've yet to see them). Pressing a little more, I asked her how she's put up with me all this time.

"I really don't know."

"Has the wine been any help?"

"A little."

Yeah, we have a really good relationship (no sarcasm intended).

No comments: