07 September 2012

Year 2, Day 238 (Still Some Ground To Cover)

I left from Tulsa around 1900, a bit later than I had hoped, but I still got underway. I hoped to make it at least to Limon, CO, but only made it as far as Colby, KS. The upside to that is I'll be able to leave from here with a cup of Starbucks. I'm in the process of pre-scheduling a few extra posts since I'll be in Canada for a few days, this way TRS keeps its daily posting format. The weather in Colby is quite different than that of Tulsa. The other night Tulsa was in the upper 70's/lower 80's, but here it's in the mid 60's... so I know i'm going to enjoy the further travels up north.

Sabbath has come upon us once again, unfortunately I won't have the luxury of shutting down, since this load is due in Edmonton, AB on Monday morning. As my Rabbi once told me, to violate the Sabbath in the service of providing for my family is acceptable... it falls under the "sanctity of life". Either way, I will be looking forward to the peace that comes with the Sabbath, even though I am unable to rest in it. May your Sabbath be full of joy!

Shabbat Shalom!!

No comments: