03 August 2011

Day 214 (And Now For Something Completely Different)

Clinton and I just happen to be in Clarksville, AR - still. We did get a load, but it doesn't pick up until tomorrow at 1700, in Tulsa, OK, which means I'll be able to get a restart on my logbook. There is a twist to this: the load delivers Monday in Edmonton, Alberta, CD. As I mentioned in my Day 201 post, I don't like the idea of getting a Canada load, leaving the student at a truck stop (or in this case, a motel) at the border, then picking him up on the way back. Clinton appears to be ok with it... I might find my way around it, eventually.

As my parenthetical title expressed (and to use the popular Monty Python phrase out of absolute admiration & respect for them) - "And now for something completely different!"

There may be some of you who are fans, or at the very least occasional viewers (as am I) of MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). I don't watch it often, but every now and then, one of the fighters will catch my attention. One such fighter is Timothy Kennedy. It's not his style, nor his technique that garnered this attention, rather what he does at the end of his matches. He does his usual expressions of gratitude, but usually ends up shifting the attention to the troops in the Middle East (but don't take my word for it - read the article on the MMA website). As I told Mr. Kennedy, via Facebook message, if the Hollywood "celebrity whack-jobs" can make political statements while receiving an Oscar award, then I salute him for what he's doing. Some in the audiences at the fights may not like what he does, but the point is - he's trying to keep the awareness on our troops, that we should NEVER forget.


- Another rant via BlogPress


No comments: