30 July 2012

Year 2, Day 210 (From Beer To Candy)

Due to running very low on hours yesterday, Nathan and I called it a day at about 1700 in Effingham, IL. That left me a total of 200 miles (give or take) left on this run. We were both hungry, so we feasted at the Panda Express, which is just across the parking lot from the T/A Travel Center (across the street from the Flying J where we were parked), then afterwards, Starbucks. This meant that I had to get up pretty early (about 0530) to get on the road. After I finish here unloading the rest of the beer, I'll head up to Delavan, WI to pick up a load of Andes mints. That load is going to Covington, TN for Wednesday morning, but I'll be able to do a drop & hook sometime tomorrow. That load will also be getting the both of us to our current place of residence.

I've enjoyed having Nathan along for the last few weeks, it was anything but typical and mundane. It's hard to believe that one more year of high school, then he'll be off to college. My youngest son, with his eye set on either USC or UCLA.

No comments: