16 July 2012

Year 2, Day 196 (Not Sure What Will Come Next)

I shut down in Mill Hall, PA last night, leaving less than 100 miles to go for the destination. Nathan and I went in and took a shower as well as getting our laundry done. My delivery appointment isn't until 1815 (ET) tonight, so I not really rushing to get there. Not only that, but one of the CSR's called me to ask if I could do a short run on a load I guess he couldn't get another truck on (though why he book said run is beyond me). I really didn't want to take it, primarily because it would be late by the time I picked it up. Even if I play it just right, it's still going to be tight to pull off, because Walmart - even though they have the capabilities to unload a truck, and take care of whatever breakdown is needed, in 30-45 minutes - they will use their entire 2 hour window... and there's not a thing we can do about it.

As of 1330 (ET), I just found out that I will not be taking that short run. Instead, I will pick up in Dayton, NJ and taking the load to Brampton, ON for Wednesday. I am really wanting to get a load that will put me in Tulsa, OK on Friday, but I guess that's not going to happen.

It sure is pretty warm today... thankfully my a/c is in good working order.

No comments: