19 July 2012

Year 2, Day 199 (Chattanooga Is Not Where I Want To Be On A Friday)

Due to the fact that the customer took a while to get us loaded yesterday (as is usually the case with broker loads), I did not get as far as I really wanted. Which means from Brampton, ON to Batavia, NY to the Ohio rest area I shut down at last night, I was only able to cover 386 miles before running out of hours. This morning Nathan (my youngest son) and I, along with my topping off the fuel in the truck, with make a trip to Starbucks, which is located at the truck stop across the street from where I will be fueling... how convenient. I was really hoping to take Nathan up to the northwest, but with my time off approaching soon, the only way I'll be able to do that id to extend my time on the road to allow that. Whenever I get in touch with Monica (my Fleet manager), I may have to tell her this. But I'll make it clear that I will extend my time out if, and ONLY if I get said run, and not before. Let's see if the CSR's can keep their word.

As we continue our way south, this load is due by 1300 (ET) tomorrow, but I'm hoping I can get it there tonight. The best laid plans of mice and men.

No comments: