05 July 2012

Year 2, Day 185 (Just Trying To Stay Cool)

I slept in a little this morning, but my wife, Tikvah, had to work. I really felt bad for her, because today she was working in the greenhouse at the farm of her employer. It was hot as it was today, but I can't imagine having to work in a greenhouse all day. I did pull the bike out, not for a standard ride, but to run a few errands, though I made sure to pace myself. I went to the bank to make a payment on my credit card, and as I was leaving (as this really impressed me), the manager walked up to me and offered some water, "because it is pretty hot outside" she said (she also knew I had rode my bike there). Now that's good customer service.

This evening, at Tikvah's request, I began making Matzoh Ball Soup. However, probably due to the humidity, they didn't turn out as usual. they were runnier than normal, so I added some extra Matzoh meal, but that didn't help. I ended up scrapping the entire soup, and we ordered pizza for dinner.

No comments: