22 June 2012

Year 2, Day 172 (Waiting, Waiting, And More Waiting)

John and I arrived here at the customer in Martinsburg, WV last night around 2330 (ET) last night. This load was dispatched on us through a broker (UGH!) yesterday. Once we were emptied out in Bedford, PA, we headed down here in the hopes of getting loaded before our appointment time of 1400 today. A few red flags popped up about this broker; they didn't have directions OR a phone number for their OWN customer, they said we might be able to get loaded earlier than 1400 - not only will that most likely not happen, but the customer told John to check back about 1400 and they might have a door for us at around 1600. In my opinion (as humble as it may be) the broker is "batting 1000".

The load isn't that bad; it's due by 1700 on Sunday in Kansas City, MO. I'm hoping we can get it there by tomorrow night. I actually wanted to get loaded earlier and get it kicked off by 1700 tomorrow, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen now.

John has 1 1/2 weeks to go before he gets released for his final evaluation, and so far, I think he will do very well. I mean, he's already doing practically everything that I do on a regular basis (it helps when he's done this type of work before, but is not cocky about it). He's pretty much got it all down, I just have to keep him on the truck for a minimum of 3 weeks.

As the Sabbath approaches I pray you are all blessed with peace, joy, and prosperity.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: