15 June 2012

Year 2, Day 165 (Iowa Bound)

John and I had a loading appointment for 0600 (ET), so we headed up to Newark yesterday evening and parked outside the customer. There was some construction going on the New Jersey Turnpike, which delayed us a little. Then again, when there's road work going on in that state, it usually causes traffic to back up a lot more than it was. We were loaded and leaving about 0730. I had John doing the driving so he could get some experience, considering he had never driven in New Jersey. Again, he got lucky... traffic was mild.

As we make our way through Pennsylvania, with the sun shining, and Morph The Cat (by Donald Fagen) playing on the stereo, I glance out the window and capture a few pictures of the scenery as it passes by.

If my estimates are correct, we should be able to get to Sioux City, IA sometime tomorrow night. Then again, I may just take it a little easy on John and stretch the trip out so that we get there sometime Sunday. I haven't quite decided yet.

Have a joyous and peaceful Sabbath.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: