04 June 2012

Year 2, Day 155 (Back On The Road)

Even considering the circumstances of the past 1 1/2 weeks, this past weekend turned out nice. We were able to see some family, catch up on each other's lives, and honor the life & memory of a good man. I left out today, just after lunch, and headed over to the customer (which just happens to be in the same city I live in). The loading appointment wasn't until about 2330 tonight, but they loaded me early and I was leaving at around 1530. That works out better for me, since I can then get a jump on the trip.

This past weekend, after having a mountain bike for 2 months now, I was finally able to get a couple rides in as I begin my journey of getting back in shape. I'm currently posting my progress on the website for 1-2-Sports (and as soon as I figure out how to link my profile, I'll be sure to get that up). The two rides, for a total of 12 miles, was very exhilarating, though since it had been a long time since I've been cycling, I could feel the burn. But it's a good burn.

I can't wait until my next ride.

I feel an 8-10 mile trip coming on soon!

No comments: