17 June 2012

Year 2, Day 167 (Father's Day)

John and I are sitting here in a McDonald's parking lot in Sioux City, IA, where we shut down last night. Our delivery is not until tomorrow morning, so we are getting a re-start on our logbooks. This is a moderately difficult Father's Day, not because I am on the road, but because (as I had posted a couple weeks ago) my wife's Father had passed away recently, and my Dad passed a couple years ago.

The death of a loved one is not easy to deal with, and people deal with it differently. Though when certain days of the year arrive (Mother's/Father's Day, birthday, etc.), dealing with that loss - as well as the memories - can be a tough task. No matter how each of us deal with these situations, one thing that never fades are the memories. The pain eventually fades, but one thing that we should always embrace and try to keep ahold of is the memories.

Never forget!

No comments: