12 June 2012

Year 2, Day 162 (Pennsylvania Bound, Then New Jersey)

Due to our delay yesterday, John and I only made it as far as Woodville, OH, just east of Toledo. This leaves us with about 490 miles left to go. We did, however, get pre-planned on a load that picks up tomorrow evening in Souderton, PA, which is only about 25 miles from Bethlehem. The only problem is that this will be one of those all-night runs, as it has 3 drops, finishing at 0930 Thursday in Bridgeton, NJ (about 1 1/2 hours south of Camden).

Being as I drive a truck, and I do get the occasional "live on the edge" streak, I wish I had an L.A. Kings jersey to wear during my drops (in case you don't follow the NHL, the Kings defeated the NJ Devils 6-1 last night, taking the Stanley Cup for their first time in their 45 year franchise history). Some would say that's a little crazy, some would say it would be a stupid move, but hey, they would probably do the same thing (by the way, the MVP award went to Kings' goalie, Jonathan Swift, for his most impressive performance).

Congratulations to the Kings... L.A. is VERY proud of you, as am I.

No comments: