03 November 2011

Day 306 (Heading Back To Arkansas)

Yesterday, after the publishing of the blog post, Doyle and I made a visit to a Super Target (yes, I got Starbucks), after which we fueled up in Wildwood, FL, then continued our journey - with an empty trailer - to our North Little Rock terminal. Since the company doesn't have a customer base in Florida (yet), we were told to head back that way, into an area where we do have a good customer base. We shut down in a rest area just west of Tallahassee. It was dry & clear when we started this morning, but have run into rain just before getting into Montgomery, AL.

We may not find out until tomorrow morning where we will load next (though I am hoping we continue deadheading all the way to Tulsa). I presently have a roast cooking in the crock pot (hint: a 3 pound roast with a citrus/savory rub as well as a little jerk & Tex-Mex Chipotle seasonings, 1/2 bottle of Mesquite flavored Liquid Smoke, 4 garlic cloves, shallots, 2 packages of powdered brown gravy mix, and baby potatoes). So far, the aroma has permeated the inside of the truck, necessitating the need to make a sandwich (to hold us over) so as not to partake of said cuisine "before its time". My wife, Tikvah, has been telling me of a chipotle seasoning she has grown rather fond of, which by the way, she is using the aforementioned seasoning tonight on the chicken that she has put in the crock pot at home.

A little while ago, I received a call from my 21 year old son, Erik. It it also good to hear from my sons. He apologized for not calling in a while, to which I told him, "don't worry about it. You're a grown man now, and have your own life." His reply: "Don't try giving me that Jewish guilt trip thing again." Naturally, I got a kick out of that, and then told him, "you know, I think your Mother missed her calling. She could've been a travel agent for guilt trips."

No comments: