21 May 2012

Year 2, Day 141 (Another Trip Done)

As of right now, Dillard and I are sitting in Woodinville, WA, where we will be unloading on Wednesday morning before heading up to Burnaby, BC to finish this trip out. When we arrived we headed out to venture around Woodinville for a little bit. I was hoping I would have been able to shoot into Seattle for an hour or two and drink a coffee with Terri Nakamura, but that, unfortunately, didn't happen. Since Dillard and I were running low on our hours, I wanted to make sure we made it here before we ran out. Terri is someone I initially met through Twitter, then we "friended" on Facebook. We met in person last year, and I hope I can meet up with her again sometime in the near future.

Tomorrow, however, I will be able to meet another person I've become acquainted with, via Twitter; Scott Schultz... but more on that tomorrow.

Dillard and I, as I mentioned earlier, went venturing around. He popped into a Taco Bell to get something to eat. As for myself, I went in search of something different. In the plaza behind Taco Bell, there were several restaurants of varying cultural cuisines. At first I was going to try the Thai restaurant, until I saw Pho Hao... a Vietnamese restaurant. I have had food from many different cultures, and many different cuisines... but not Vietnamese. I had to give it a shot. So I ordered one of the soups (don't ask what the name of it is, I don't remember) and was absolutely delighted!




It was light, yet filling. I will absolutely make another visit in the future.

- Posted by me

No comments: