23 May 2012

Year 2, Day 143 (Heading Back To Tulsa)

After some "down time" and relaxation (as well as quite a bit of walking yesterday), Dillard and I made our way up to British Columbia to finish delivering this load. Before we crossed the border, I had Dillard pull into the truck stop in Blaine, WA (right there by the border) to brief him on what to expect at the crossing and how to handle it. 30 minutes later we made our way across... no muss, no fuss. I navigated him to the customer and back into the U.S. Along the way I was finally able to get some decent pictures of some of the scenery (the previous time the weather was just to bleary).
















Once we returned, we parked back at the truck stop where I bought the ingredients to make some Pico de Gallo, and to grab a bite to eat at the Hot Spot. Dillard had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, while I opted for some Chipotle/Garlic Wings:




We made it here to Ellensburg, WA where I topped off the fuel and we are shutting down for the night. Tomorrow Dillard will have full reign... he will be doing it all for his final week... but I may coach him from time to time.

- Posted by me

No comments: