20 May 2012

Year 2, Day 141 (I'm Always At Peace In The West)

Dillard and I made it to Ft. Bridger, WY where we shut down. Fantastic weather: 45°; even when we left, it was 15° cooler than where I live. Dillard pulled out of the truck stop at around 1245 and we continued our way westward. I've always found a certain solace when driving through the mountain regions. There is such beauty in those areas. Take a look at these pictures I took while traveling through eastern Utah:







(both of which were taken with my Hipstamatic app).

Before we left, I made some preparations and started the crock pot up to make the roast we are having for dinner. We did, however, have to make a stop at the SuperTarget in Riverdale, UT to get another onion, as the one I had went bad (plus I made a stop in Starbucks). for those who may be curious about my recipe, here it goes:

a 3-4 lb cut of beef (use your own personal preference)

1 bottle Mesquite flavored Liquid Smoke (I use Colgin brand)

1 small or medium red onion

3 garlic cloves

2 pkg powdered brown gravy

1lb baby potatos

fresh green beans

fresh mushrooms (whole or sliced, depending on your preference)

Cut the beef into 4 pieces, marinate overnight in the Liquid Smoke. The next morning transfer the beef and Liquid Smoke into the crock pot, slice onion and chop garlic, add to crock pot (add whichever seasonings you wish) Cook on high about 2-3 hours, then turn to low and add potatoes and gravy mix. Allow to cook for another 4-5 hours, then add green beans & mushrooms for the last 30-60 minutes (this way the green beans will still be crisp when you bite into them).

This will serve 4-6 people, depending on their appetite.

Bon a petit!

- Posted by me

No comments: