30 September 2011

Day 272 (What A Day)

James and I left from Dexter, MO this morning about 0745-ish. We had gotten loaded last night, but due to being out of hours, we couldn't leave until this morning. We made our way through Missouri, into Arkansas, delivering in Berryville. On our way, we passed through Branson, MO (which, in my opinion, amounts to nothing more than a hillbilly version of Vegas - but that's just me), then along U.S. 62 west which took us to our final destination.

Once we left Berryville, I drove down S.R. 21 south to U.S. 412 west and made a stop in Springdale, AR - which is where Tyson's Corporate Offices are. I stopped there to tend to some business with my bank, then back-tracked about 2 blocks to a truck shop to pick up some tire chains (we are required to have them on us when going through Colorado this time of year). Oh yeah, I didn't tell you the cool news... I'm on my way to Tulsa, OK to get a load going to Woodinville, WA/Burnaby, BC.

Needless to say, I haven't had any decent coffee in the past couple days, and I absolutely refuse to abuse my body by consuming that dredge that Pilot truck stops pass off as "coffee." You can probably guess (and you would be right) that my lack of good coffee only slightly affects my temperament:



As the sun in preparing to set, and some of my friends are preparing for the Sabbath, I will bring this post to a close. I hope the Sabbath finds you all filled with joy and peace. I may have a busy weekend ahead, but I will still bless and thank HaShem, the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, for what He has given me, and that I can enjoy the beauty of His creation as I travel up to the northwest region.

- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: