28 September 2011

Day 270 (What A Load Of Baloney)

Well, at the time of this writing, James and I are still in Davenport, IA. We actually had gotten loaded last night, but due to being out of hours, we couldn't do any driving, or even scale it out (since the nearest CAT Scale was 10 miles away). As it is right now, We left this morning to scale this load, and as of 1300 (CT) I have returned to this customer for a second time to get re-loaded... and yes it is a load of baloney - literally! This load is sliced bologna being shipped (eventually) to Kroger in Memphis, TN.

I think the most frustrating thing I've had to deal with is the woman in the shipping office insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about. She says the product was loaded according to the load plan - with 2 single pallets in the nose of the trailer - and I'm trying to explain to her (and keep my cool & composure at the same time) that there are no single pallets in the nose (something I have confirmed with my own eyes!)... but I don't know what I'm talking about. Because of this mess I'm dealing with, James and I have yet to get underway, and now the load is re-scheduled from 1000 to 1300 tomorrow.

I think I just need to make a stop to Starbucks.

On a lighter, and MUCH more pleasant note... this evening is Rosh HaShanah, also known as the Jewish New Year. If you celebrate it, may you have a blessed and joyous Shana Tova! Next week (on October 7th, to be exact) is Yom Kippur, or the Day Of Atonement, a time when we seek forgiveness and repentance. I'll close by saying if any of you, my readers, have been offended by anything I have posted on this blog... I sincerely apologize, and ask your forgiveness. My goal is not only to enlighten you with the many sights I see on the road, but in the hopes of opening your spiritual eyes, with my ongoing observations of the things I see going on, not only here in America, but also around the world - and especially in Israel. These are the times when we need to not only watch, but also support Israel (and her people) in every way that we can. Remember, The Lord is watching!


- Another rant via BlogPress

No comments: