09 September 2011

Day 251 (Heading To Atlanta)

We started out from North East, MD, a small town north of Baltimore, almost to the Maryland/Delaware state line, on I-95. Not too far from North East is a town called Port Deposit, where they have recently been evacuated because of the flooding. Once we topped off the fuel, I had us pull into the Maryland House service plaza (about 3 miles south on I-95) so I could get my grandé triple Marble Mocha Machiatto from Starbucks (you start a day off right without your coffee fix, right?). Once that was done, I had what was necessary for dealing with the traffic in Baltimore and the D.C. area. Fortunately we were under way early enough in the day where it can still be a madhouse (as it usually is), but not as bad as it is right about now. Anybody who has ever dealt with the traffic around D.C. on a Friday afternoon, would, like me, much prefer the L.A. area.

Chuck and I just left a short while ago (after making a brief stop) from Graham, NC (just south of Raleigh), where, in a moment of impulse (I, strangely, had a desire for ice cream), I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry's Bonnaroo Buzz. It was pretty good, but my favorite flavors still remain as Mint Chocolate Cookie and Strawberry Cheesecake. I do hope that, perhaps someday, they resurrect the Vermonty Python flavor... and by now, I'm quite sure you've heard of the new flavor that they have introduced.

As we finish the last 70 miles here in North Carolina, I think we will shut down in South Carolina, just across the state line to be exact, and probably finish the trip out Sunday, so we can get a re-start on our logbooks, and I can enjoy another peaceful Sabbath.

By the way, this post has been published on the new Blogger iPhone app, but it was actually composed on the BlogPress app. So far, I'm not too impressed with the Blogger app, mainly for its lack of features (BlogPress is MUCH more versatile). Hopefully, in the coming weeks/months, they will expand its capabilities. We shall see.

On a random note... is it me, or does Brian Johnson, lead vocalist of AC/DC, sound like Gollum (Lord Of The Rings) when he sings?


- Posted on the new Blogger app

No comments: