14 February 2012

Year 2, Day 45 (Heading To Iowa)

I arrived in Rogers, AR just as my drive time expired on my logbook (talk about cutting it close). I would have made better time had the weather conditions not been what they were. The roads weren't really all that bad - and I did have some substantial weight - but I don't take things like that for granted. In the 15+ years I have been driving a truck, I can honestly say I have never been in a collision, nor have I drove into a ditch or rolled my truck over. Even when I have a good amount of weight on the trailer, I still take extra precautions when the weather becomes of an inclement nature.

I dropped the trailer at Tyson at 0200 this morning, then went to bed. Later this morning I was dispatched on a load with 3 drops: 2 in Cedar Rapids, IA and the last in Cedar Falls. It may be a long day today, but tomorrow will be more laid back. In order to get this trip on the right track, I made a visit to a Starbucks, for my grande triple Marble Mocha Machiatto (of course). I would have liked to leave earlier, but like I alluded to earlier, I was on my required 10 hour break. Things like that happen on occasion. The god thing is, I'll go into an area I don't often travel... even though I have to hustle today. Oh well... take the good with the bad.

No comments: